UberGallery version 2.4.0 is a major update bringing several big changes. With version 2.4.0 you can now independently configure the width and height of thumbnails and manually set the quality of JPEG thumbnails. Also included in this version is a brand new debugging engine that will help users troubleshoot problems with their UberGallery installation. Lastly, lots of back end work has been done to improve consistency and ease of updating code.
Due to changes to the config file you will need to update your galleryConfig.ini file with the changes or replace the file with the sample config file. Please back up your current installations before upgrading to be safe. You may grab v2.4.0 of UberGallery at http://www.ubergallery.net.
Changes to 2.4.0
- Thumbnail width and height can now be independently set
- JPEG thumbnail quality can now be set from the config file
- Added debugging setting that will log errors to a custom debug log
- Implemented encoding/decoding of the indexed arrays for better non-English language support
- Improvements to the cache system to prevent useless caching when it isn’t enabled
- Overhauled internal config handling and added public setter functions for all config options
- Minor updates and improvements to uber-responsive theme
- Miscellaneous code clean up
- Updated README to reflect all changes
Detailed changelog: https://github.com/UberGallery/UberGallery/compare/2.3.1…2.4.0
Version 2.3.0 of UberGallery has been pushed live. This is a major version release bringing improved performance and code optimizations. Another notable change is the removal of the GPL license. Starting with v2.3.0, UberGallery will only be distributed under the MIT license. We feel this simplifies and reduces redundancy in licensing and removes restrictions from the end users. If for some reason you are unable to work with the MIT license please contact me at at Chris@ChrisKankiewicz.com and I’d be happy to discuss alternate licensing arangements.
NOTE: This is a recommended update for all UberGallery installations. Please back up your current installations before upgrading.
The latest version of UberGallery can be found at http://www.ubergallery.net
Changes to 2.3.0
- Improved overall performance
- Removed GPL license to reduce licensing redundancy and restrictions
- Added “naked” theme
- Moved createGallery() static HTML to a template file and added the _readTemplate() function
- Fixed possible undefined variable error when paginator threshold is reached
- Miscellaneous code tweaks and clean up
- Upadated README
Detailed changelog: https://github.com/UberGallery/UberGallery/compare/2.2.9…2.3.0
We’ve been hard at work and it’s payed off. Today we’d like to announce the immediate availability of UberGallery v2.2.0. This is a major update including the addition of a basic theming system and some underlying code re-writes/additions.
Head on over to http://www.ubergallery.net to download v2.2.0
Changes to 2.2.0
- Implemented basic theming system
- Added a second “orange” theme (see below)
- Updated default themes to use jQuery 1.6.3
- Migrated default themes to rebase-min.css
- Added system messages functionality and built it into the default themes
- Fixed a style bug in IE7
- Miscellaneous code/comment tweaks and cleanup
Detailed changelog: https://github.com/UberGallery/UberGallery/compare/2.1.3…2.2.0
NOTE: A straight upgrade from v2.1.3 or earlier should work, however, due to some of the complex changes in this release, it is recommended that you back up your current gallery prior to upgrading.
Screenshot of new uber-orange theme: